Do you know someone who is always on the go? Whether it is for work or play everyone seems to have someone in their life that spends most of their time at airports! I’m packing for my first business trip and I am realizing I don’t have any products for traveling. Of course I have a suitcase and of course I have been on a plane before, but packing for a spring break trip to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico is a lot different than packing for a business trip to Dallas, Texas.
I would say the main difference is because it is a business trip, you will want to pack light. This means carry-on only, and for someone who has a lot of clothes and no apologies for it this is hard. How do I fit ALL of my hair and face products in one bag ALONG with my clothes? This is how.
- Gather a few outfit ideas together. Try them all on and pick the best one. With me I always think “well what if I don’t want to wear this when I get there?” Well tough. It is a business trip not a fashion contest. While its perfectly acceptable, and encouraged, to look good planning ALL your outfits in advance will ensure that you will at least look put together even if you changed your mind.
- Mini EVERYTHING. Get mini sizes of all of your favorite products whether it means going to the salon and getting sample sizes or going to Target and getting mini travel sized gear. You don’t need full sized products for 4 days. Try signing up for BirchBox. They send you samples every month!
Here is an example of a Value Kit from BirchBox. Kérastase Cristalliste Set for Thick Hair.
- Utilize your carry-ons. You may only be allowed one carry-on but you are also allowed to bring a small purse (or handbag) shove anything you can in there. Shoes, underwear, an outfit. Use this space!
Your body needs water to survive and your skin needs moisture to be the best it can be. Moisturized skin is happy skin, but skin can vary from person to person just like fingerprints. Not every lotion works for everybody. Of course any lotion is good, but some are better! Check out the best lotions for different skin types!
For dry skin:
If your skin is itchy, tight, and flakey then you’ve got yourself some dry skin. You’ll need an extra hydrating lotion to solve this problem. Try Kiehl’s Since 1851 Ultra Facial Cream Intense Hydration for Drier Skin Types. You can find it at Nordstrom. While it is on the more expensive side, it is worth it.
But if you truly can’t swing the $23.85 you could try CeraVe Moisturizing Cream for $8.99 at Target.
For Oily Skin:
There is a common misconception when it comes to oily skin. People think if their skin is oily you don’t need a moisturizer. This couldn’t be farther from the truth! You NEED moisturizer if your skin is oily. The reason your skin is oily is because your skin is so dry that your body is trying to overcompensate by producing more oil. If this sounds like you try the Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel from Clinique.
If $26.00 sounds like too much to spend, a cheaper option for oily skin is Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer for $11.59
For Aging Skin:
In my humble opinion, it is never too early to start protecting your skin against AGING. Nothing can stop you from getting older but you can give your skin the tools it needs in order to stay beautiful forever. If you want to hop on the anti-aging train try your luck with Murad Age-Balancing Night Cream
It is $62.00 bucks so if that is a little steep for you, try Miracle Worker Miraculous Anti-Aging Moisturizer.
$22.00 is still a lot but it is better than $62.00
Don’t act like you don’t know what Tinder is! It’s been everywhere lately, but for those of you who honestly don’t know much about it, it’s basically a “dating” site for single 20 somethings. I put dating in quotes because lets be honest it has a reputation as a hook up site. And that’s fine for people who just want a hook up, but what about the people who are looking for a little more?
If people really want to get down to business they tend to put that they are looking for a hook up in their profile. Thank you for making that left swipe so much easier! I have nothing against people that are just on their for a hook up but sometimes that honesty comes off as douchebagery. Maybe it is because I am not looking for a hook up, but I am also not exactly looking for a relationship.
I think a lot of people in their 20s are looking for casual dating and since we are the age of the Internet it’s easy for us to turn to apps like Tinder to do the work for us.
It looks a little something like this. You open the app and your options are displayed on the screen. You can scroll through about five pictures, if people uploaded that many, and read a bio, if people included one. Basically you decide if you are interested by looking at a picture. Swipe left for a “no” and right for a “yes” or use the X or heart feature.
You will encounter douches on Tinder. For example, this is a real message I received on the first day I had Tinder.
I cropped out the name and the picture, but this is a legit message I got.
You can un-match them or block them. Or mess with them, whatever you want!
At the end of the day I still think it is a good way to meet people your age once you weed out the douches.
And I am not talking about becoming a hit selling rapper. We all know Kanye and “cocky” go hand in hand, but he kind of has a point. He is his own biggest fan!
I’m not saying being cocky is a good thing but we could all stand to take a lesson from Kanye and be a little more confident. So here are some tips on how to do just that. Let’s channel our inner Kanye Wests!
- Exercise: but not so that you have the best body in the world. Don’t focus on how exercise will make your body look, focus on how it makes you feel. Lets take a tip from Elle Woods:
Exercise does increase your endorphins and your endorphins are responsible for your happy emotions. When your happy you tend to feel better about yourself.
- Fake it: Until you make it. It may sound cliche but honestly just telling yourself you are happy and confident can change your whole attitude. It may not happen right away but try using “I’m happy and confident” as your mantra. Repeating it daily, even multiple times a day, will make you believe it.
- Surround yourself with positive people: Negativity is contagious. When you are constantly around negative people who always put themselves down, you’ll start to do the same. I’m not saying drop your entire friend group but if there is a toxic friend in your life try distancing yourself from them. And anytime a friend puts themselves down in front of you try talking to them about it. Positivity is also contagious, after all.
- Never compare yourself to others: You will always be you. You will never be anyone else, and constantly comparing yourself to what other people have/ are/ do will never end well. It sucks to see people achieving greatness when you don’t see it in yourself, but you have to remember what you do well. Compare you to you.
For more tips check out this article!
Fathers Day is right around the corner, June 21st to be exact. How are you going to celebrate the most important man in your life? Will you take him out to dinner? A ball game? Or maybe have a big BBQ? Whatever you decide to do don’t forget to celebrate Dad. Without him you would not be here, but I am not here to give a “Birds and the Bees” talk. No, I am here to talk about what to buy your dad!
Not every dad is the same. Some dad’s like sports while some, like my dad, could care less. So how do we shop for him? If your dad is like my dad then he is a man of few words that “never wants anything.” This makes shopping for him extremely difficult! This is why I have to be sneaky. I have to kind of spy on my dad. When we go shopping I pay close attention to the things he looks at. What does he pick up? What does he ponder over for a long time? What does he put back and why? These are important questions that need to be answered.
After watching my dad for a while I realized he is a huge The Walking Dead fan. Like massive. I can’t think of a time where I saw him watch anything other than The Walking Dead. Even though all of the seasons are on Netflix, he owns all of the DVD’s. He also owns a Walking Dead sweatshirt.
I’m not going to go out and buy him a Daryl Dixion poster (that’s for me). But I did go to CafePress and search “Walking Dead Apparel”. CafePress has everything from shirts, to glasses and zombie survival gear. I think my dad would love this Carl and Rick Grimes Mens Fitted Shirt.
What is your dad a superfan of?