Can you believe that it’s already Christmas Eve? I am always amazed at how quickly the holiday season seems to fly by.
Each year on Christmas I make eggnog cheesecake. I can’t stand eggnog so I only make it once a year. My family, however, LOVES it and patiently waits for it on Christmas day for dessert. As a Christmas surprise to them, I made TWO eggnog cheesecakes this year. They are going to get one today and one tomorrow and I have a feeling they are going to be thrilled about it!
Here’s the recipe if your family likes this as much as mine does!
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl combine graham cracker crumbs, 2 tablespoons sugar and butter. Press into the bottom of a 9 inch spring form pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes. Place on a wire rack to cool.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C).
- In a food processor combine cream cheese, 1 cup sugar, flour and eggnog; process until smooth. Blend in eggs, rum and nutmeg. Pour mixture into cooled crust.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 minutes.
- Reduce heat to 250 and bake for 45 minutes, or until center of cake is barely firm to the touch. Remove from the oven and immediately loosen cake from rim. Let cake cool completely before removing the rim.